SDL Trados not recognizing .wsxz-files (package)
Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Feb 27

I swapped to new laptop and installed Studio 2021 with license. On the former computer I had used Studio 2017 and 2021 routinely with these packages. But on the new installation Studio does not see these files and when I drop the file into the Welcome window it directs me to SDL login page. The new installation does not even see the WSXZ-files I had translated on the old machine.
What is missing, any suggestions please?
When I try Translate single document the message is File type no
... See more
I swapped to new laptop and installed Studio 2021 with license. On the former computer I had used Studio 2017 and 2021 routinely with these packages. But on the new installation Studio does not see these files and when I drop the file into the Welcome window it directs me to SDL login page. The new installation does not even see the WSXZ-files I had translated on the old machine.
What is missing, any suggestions please?
When I try Translate single document the message is File type not supported.
Collapse

Cristina Pereira
Cristina Pereira  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Install an app Feb 27

It happened to me recently. You have to install an app to work on these packages:

https://gateway.sdl.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/000013233?articleName=000006465

Hope this helps!

Cristina

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Christina Feb 27

It's true I never had used 2021 with packages, always 2017 only. Now it seems I can work on the project.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados not recognizing .wsxz-files (package)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »