What's does the "nfa=True" mean in formatting tags?
Thread poster: Pedro Ribeiro
Pedro Ribeiro
Pedro Ribeiro
Portugal
Local time: 12:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Nov 27, 2023

Hi everyone!

I've been using Trados for translating some .doc files, where some specific words are highlighted.
So far so good, since Trados handles highlighting well and doesn't show any tags.

However, today I opened a document and *some* of the highlighted words were surrounded by cf nfa=True tags. I know cf is a formatting tag, but I don't see what does the nfa parameter refer to?
I even opened Word, pressed Shift+F1 to insp
... See more
Hi everyone!

I've been using Trados for translating some .doc files, where some specific words are highlighted.
So far so good, since Trados handles highlighting well and doesn't show any tags.

However, today I opened a document and *some* of the highlighted words were surrounded by cf nfa=True tags. I know cf is a formatting tag, but I don't see what does the nfa parameter refer to?
I even opened Word, pressed Shift+F1 to inspect the formatting, and didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

Does anyone know to what formatting is it referring to?
Collapse

Pedro Ribeiro
Pedro Ribeiro
Portugal
Local time: 12:30
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solved Nov 28, 2023

The nfa=True parameter refers to shading (highlighting =/= shading in MS Word)
Apparently, some words were highlighted and shaded at the same time, hence Trados showing the highlight and surrounding it with the shading tags.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's does the "nfa=True" mean in formatting tags?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »