Trados Studio making laptop with Ryzen CPU crash?
Thread poster: Kate Deimling
Kate Deimling
Kate Deimling
United States
Local time: 13:32
French to English
+ ...
Mar 13, 2023

Hello,

I recently upgraded from Trados Studio 2019 to 2022 on my desktop, and I bought the freelance plus version so I could also install in on my laptop. I have an Acer Swift from 2021 with Ryzen instead of Intel. I read that Studio works better with Intel, but it didn't seem to actually be incompatible with Ryzen, so I thought there was a good chance it would work.

My question is two-fold:

1) Trados has been working fine on my laptop, but since I installe
... See more
Hello,

I recently upgraded from Trados Studio 2019 to 2022 on my desktop, and I bought the freelance plus version so I could also install in on my laptop. I have an Acer Swift from 2021 with Ryzen instead of Intel. I read that Studio works better with Intel, but it didn't seem to actually be incompatible with Ryzen, so I thought there was a good chance it would work.

My question is two-fold:

1) Trados has been working fine on my laptop, but since I installed it, my laptop freezes or crashes up to 2 or 3 times a day. When it crashes, Trados isn't open. Could the Trados software be making this happen?

2) If I uninstall Trados on my laptop to see if it solves the problem, would I be able to use my freelance plus license to reinstall it again? Or possibly to install it on another laptop if I bought a new one?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!

Kate
Collapse

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 20:32
English to Russian
2) Mar 14, 2023

Kate Deimling wrote:
2) If I uninstall Trados on my laptop to see if it solves the problem, would I be able to use my freelance plus license to reinstall it again? Or possibly to install it on another laptop if I bought a new one?
You would be able to use your second licence provided that you return it before you uninstall Trados. Even if you don't return the licence (by mistake or accident), you still would be able to use it but you would have to contact the RWS support team for them to reset your licence.

Kate Deimling
Kate Deimling
United States
Local time: 13:32
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Stepan! Mar 14, 2023

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio making laptop with Ryzen CPU crash?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »