Error message "Leere Blattnamen sind unzulässig" in SDL Trados
Thread poster: Idamo
Jun 8, 2021

Hi,
every time I try to finalise the batch task and I want to create the target language version, I get the error message "Leere Blattnamen sind unzulässig".

What can I do?

Thanks!
Ulrike

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 00:21
English to Russian
Populate empty target cells Jun 8, 2021

There are empty target segments in your translation. Those are the Excel worksheet names. If you don't need your worksheet names translated, just copy source to target. Also you can change your configuration to skip worksheet names (Options or Project Settings - File Types - Excel - Common - uncheck 'Sheet names').
To find blank target segments, you can use the Advanced Display Filter/Content tab. Type ^$ for target and check the Regex option. Click Apply.

[Edited at 2021-06-08 15:2
... See more
There are empty target segments in your translation. Those are the Excel worksheet names. If you don't need your worksheet names translated, just copy source to target. Also you can change your configuration to skip worksheet names (Options or Project Settings - File Types - Excel - Common - uncheck 'Sheet names').
To find blank target segments, you can use the Advanced Display Filter/Content tab. Type ^$ for target and check the Regex option. Click Apply.

[Edited at 2021-06-08 15:23 GMT]
Collapse

Idamo
Idamo
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 8, 2021

Many thanks for your assistance!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error message "Leere Blattnamen sind unzulässig" in SDL Trados

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »