Thread poster: Xuchun
Xuchun
Xuchun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
Mar 10, 2005

My Trados toolbar disappeared misteriously. There is a flagman icon and a Trados menu on my Word. But when I click the icon, the toolbar never appear again. It's quite inconvenient to use the Trados menu. Did anyone experience the same problem had it solved?
Anyway, I would like to use the shortcuts of trados functions. But there is no customizing function available for the shortcuts on Trados. It's quite inconvinient to use the Trados shortcuts, especially on my notebook computer. For ins
... See more
My Trados toolbar disappeared misteriously. There is a flagman icon and a Trados menu on my Word. But when I click the icon, the toolbar never appear again. It's quite inconvenient to use the Trados menu. Did anyone experience the same problem had it solved?
Anyway, I would like to use the shortcuts of trados functions. But there is no customizing function available for the shortcuts on Trados. It's quite inconvinient to use the Trados shortcuts, especially on my notebook computer. For instance, when I use the most frequently used function "Set/close Next Open/get", I have to press the Numlock key, then press the Alt and + keys combination, then press the Numlock key again in order to input the characters instead of the numbers, since the notebook keyboard is compact. Does anybody know how to hack the trados.dot or tw4win.dot file and alter the shortcut key combination? Or can I change the Trados macroes on Word to customize the shortcuts?
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:47
English to German
+ ...
Trados KB / Word customisation Mar 10, 2005

Hi Xuchun,

There are various suggestions on the Trados Knowledge Base; can you please indicate which versions of Trados (full version number, including build number) and Word you're using?

Anyway, I would like to use the shortcuts of trados functions. But there is no customizing function available for the shortcuts on Trados.

That is not correct. You can customise the shortcuts for the Trados macros just like any other shortcut in Word (Tools - Customize).

HTH, Ralf

Xuchun
Xuchun  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:47
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I can customise it now! Mar 10, 2005

Thanks, Ralf. Your suggetion is really helpful. I never use the shortcuts before as I think that it cannot be customed. But the problem occurred let me rethink to use the shortcuts and try to customise them. I have tried the Tools>Customize beforehand, but did not examine the functions in it very carefully. This time I checked it again and figured out how to customize the macros shortcuts now.
Although I would not use the Trados toolbar anymore since it's not convenient compared with usin
... See more
Thanks, Ralf. Your suggetion is really helpful. I never use the shortcuts before as I think that it cannot be customed. But the problem occurred let me rethink to use the shortcuts and try to customise them. I have tried the Tools>Customize beforehand, but did not examine the functions in it very carefully. This time I checked it again and figured out how to customize the macros shortcuts now.
Although I would not use the Trados toolbar anymore since it's not convenient compared with using the shortcuts. I'd like to figure out my previous problem if possible just for curiosity.
My Trados version is 6.5.5.438 and Word version is 2002 SP3.
Ralf, I have checked the Trados Knowledge Base and the posts you posted for this kind of problems. But My problem is some kind different: I have the Word loaded the Trados macros, there are Trados menu item and the flagman icon. Only I can not toggle the icon to show the trados toolbar.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados shortcut customization

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »