Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:27
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 7, 2005

Hi all,

I hope I don't sound like a total idiot to you guys, but I have not been using Trados for too long and then only to translate in Word with no additional requirements from the client. I have a new project and the client requires that I do a 'tag check' before submitting the translated project. I don't know what this is and I could not find anything in the Help file that seemed to contain this information.

Could you perhaps help me with this?

Thanks i
... See more
Hi all,

I hope I don't sound like a total idiot to you guys, but I have not been using Trados for too long and then only to translate in Word with no additional requirements from the client. I have a new project and the client requires that I do a 'tag check' before submitting the translated project. I don't know what this is and I could not find anything in the Help file that seemed to contain this information.

Could you perhaps help me with this?

Thanks in advance.
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:27
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
How to verify tags Mar 7, 2005

That is quite easy. I had the same problem not so long ago.
First of all, before starting to work on translation go to Options/Verification (when the actual document is open) and check strict verification. This way you will not be allowed to close any segments if you have got any tags wrong.
When you finish the translation, go to Tools and press Verify (or E8). The report should confirm that all your tags are in place or tell you that you have got something wrong.

Good l
... See more
That is quite easy. I had the same problem not so long ago.
First of all, before starting to work on translation go to Options/Verification (when the actual document is open) and check strict verification. This way you will not be allowed to close any segments if you have got any tags wrong.
When you finish the translation, go to Tools and press Verify (or E8). The report should confirm that all your tags are in place or tell you that you have got something wrong.

Good luck!
Burrell
Collapse

Johan Venter
Johan Venter  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:27
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 7, 2005

Thank you very much! That helped me a lot and I suppose I don't feel so stupid anymore knowing there was someone else out there who had this problem at some stage as well

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Check

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »