Thread poster: Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa
Massimo Rippa  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:25
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 17, 2004

Recently I had to reinstall the OS and all the application software on one of my workstations. When I use TagEditor the spellcheck runs smoothly for some 4/5 segments, then, all of sudden, I have the message "The dictionary file does not correspond to the target language" after I close each segment and the spellchecker stop working, I have to restart TagEditor and the problem occurs again after a few more segments.
Details:
The machine runs Windows XP pro and Trados Service Provider
... See more
Recently I had to reinstall the OS and all the application software on one of my workstations. When I use TagEditor the spellcheck runs smoothly for some 4/5 segments, then, all of sudden, I have the message "The dictionary file does not correspond to the target language" after I close each segment and the spellchecker stop working, I have to restart TagEditor and the problem occurs again after a few more segments.
Details:
The machine runs Windows XP pro and Trados Service Provider 5.5 build 247, TagEditor 5.5 build 246. I use an old DTD settings file which never gave me problems in the past and the WinterTree spellchecker. The problem occurs whether or not I define a custom dictionary, while if I choose the Word spellchecker apparently it is impossible to load the plugin.
Anybody could help to solve this issue out?
Thank you in advance.

[Edited at 2004-06-18 15:57]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Irritating problem in TagEditor spellchecker

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »