Thread poster: José Nolasco
José Nolasco
José Nolasco
El Salvador
Local time: 04:06
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 12, 2012

He traducido un archivo SDL XLIFF con Studio 2009; cuando intento guardar el archivo destino me aparece el siguiente mensaje de error: "w" es un espacio de nombres sin declarar. Linea 1, Posición 2. ¿Cómo puedo hacer para tener el Word de destino?

matt robinson
matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:06
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
I'm no expert, but... Dec 12, 2012

As the error comes very early it might be that trados has missed some text at the start. You don't indicate original document formats, but when I have had similar problems it has sometimes been due to using .docx to convert, and, not .doc.
If that is the problem you could try converting the original to .doc and reopening it, in the hope that trados now catches everything. Then you can translate it( you have the memory, so it should just be a question of confirming every segment) and save t
... See more
As the error comes very early it might be that trados has missed some text at the start. You don't indicate original document formats, but when I have had similar problems it has sometimes been due to using .docx to convert, and, not .doc.
If that is the problem you could try converting the original to .doc and reopening it, in the hope that trados now catches everything. Then you can translate it( you have the memory, so it should just be a question of confirming every segment) and save the target.
Collapse

José Nolasco
José Nolasco
El Salvador
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks and another problem Dec 12, 2012

Thank you very much Matt. May be you could help me with another problem. Several days ago when I was importing a project package,accidentally I open many folders (a folder with many sub-folders was created), now when I try to open another package, appears an error message telling that the path is too long; what can I do?
Thanks in advance my friend.
Hector

Luisa Ramos, CT
Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:06
English to Spanish
Otro usuario? Dec 12, 2012

José Nolasco wrote:

He traducido un archivo SDL XLIFF con Studio 2009; cuando intento guardar el archivo destino me aparece el siguiente mensaje de error: "w" es un espacio de nombres sin declarar. Linea 1, Posición 2. ¿Cómo puedo hacer para tener el Word de destino?

Me ha sucedido durante trabajos de revisión y opino que tiene que ver con lo que el traductor hizo con el archivo y su TM. No he podido resolverlo. Lo he devuelto al traductor para que este produzca el archivo final en Word.

José Nolasco
José Nolasco
El Salvador
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solución Dec 12, 2012

Gracias Luisa, mira lo que me respondió Matt:
Post by: matt robinson

~~~~~~~~~ new post ~~~~~~~~~~

I'm no expert, but...

As the error comes very early it might be that trados has
missed some text at the start. You don't indicate original
document formats, but when I have had similar problems it
has sometimes been due to using .docx to convert, and, not
.doc.
If that is the problem you could try converting the original... See more
Gracias Luisa, mira lo que me respondió Matt:
Post by: matt robinson

~~~~~~~~~ new post ~~~~~~~~~~

I'm no expert, but...

As the error comes very early it might be that trados has
missed some text at the start. You don't indicate original
document formats, but when I have had similar problems it
has sometimes been due to using .docx to convert, and, not
.doc.
If that is the problem you could try converting the original
to .doc and reopening it, in the hope that trados now
catches everything. Then you can translate it( you have the
memory, so it should just be a question of confirming every
segment) and save the target.
Collapse

Cynthiasurac (X)
Cynthiasurac (X)
Local time: 07:06
English to Spanish
como convierto el original a .doc? Jan 17, 2013

Tengo el mismo problema que José, yo reviso los trabajos que me envían los traductores y la mayoría de las veces no los puedo limpiar, si se soluciona convirtiendo los archivos, cómo lo hago? gracias!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mensaje de error en Studio 2009

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »