Thread poster: Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)
Karin Walker (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:40
German to English
+ ...
Aug 29, 2001

As someone possibly about to jump into the deep end and go freelance, I\'d love to hear from people how they found it setting up. I\'ve had various chats with people about tax, VAT, social security etc. so am relatively well-versed there but would appreciate some personal experiences (particularly on the importance of networking, working alone vs Bürogemeinschaft, etc).

Thanks

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Sep 18, 2001

Hi! I also work freelance in Germany. The BDÜ has an excellent book on going freelance - contact them for a copy. And find a \"Steuerberater\" before you do anything - they can give you loads of good advice!

[addsig]

Gianfranco Zecchino
Gianfranco Zecchino  Identity Verified
German to Italian
+ ...
More info about BDÜ book, please. Jan 1, 2002

Hi! I´m a beginner and I´m interested in the book by BDÜ. I visited their website but couldn´t find anything about it. Does Alison or someone else know its title and how to get the book? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bye!

Alison Schwitzgebel
Alison Schwitzgebel
France
German to English
+ ...
Erfolgreich selbständig als Dolmetscher und Übersetzer... Jan 16, 2002

The book is called

Erfolgreich selbständig als Dolmetscher und Übersetzer - Ein Leitfaden für Existenzgründer

Published by the BDÜ, Stauffenburgverlag

ISBN 3-86057-101-X

HTH

Alison

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance/selbständig in Germany

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »