Auteur du fil: Thomas Seligmann
Thomas Seligmann
Thomas Seligmann  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 00:35
français vers anglais
+ ...
Sep 29, 2011

Hello there, I am using Across for the first time.

I have managed to start the project and the translating and concordance bit seems easy enough. But I can't for the life of me work out how to get a glossary onto the project.

The client has provided a large glossary in Excel format. How do it put this into Across?

As you can probably tell from my language, I am not a super-advanced software expert, just an average computer user. I am familiar with Trados an
... See more
Hello there, I am using Across for the first time.

I have managed to start the project and the translating and concordance bit seems easy enough. But I can't for the life of me work out how to get a glossary onto the project.

The client has provided a large glossary in Excel format. How do it put this into Across?

As you can probably tell from my language, I am not a super-advanced software expert, just an average computer user. I am familiar with Trados and converting glossaries from .xls(x) to work on Workbench, but don't know what to do here. Many thanks for any help.

[Edited at 2011-09-29 13:37 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-09-29 13:37 GMT]
Collapse

Oscar Martin
Oscar Martin
Espagne
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
Importing Excel glossary into Across Sep 29, 2011

Hi Tom,

I haven't tried but it seems that you can import an Excel glossary into Across. Follow these steps:

1. Save the xls file as a csv file.
2. Open Across.
3. Press Alt+1 to open the crossterm manager.
4. In the Administration section (left section of the window), press the link Import terms.
5. Press Next, then select CSV as Format.
6. Follow the steps of the Wizard. You can obtain more information about the process by clicking the
... See more
Hi Tom,

I haven't tried but it seems that you can import an Excel glossary into Across. Follow these steps:

1. Save the xls file as a csv file.
2. Open Across.
3. Press Alt+1 to open the crossterm manager.
4. In the Administration section (left section of the window), press the link Import terms.
5. Press Next, then select CSV as Format.
6. Follow the steps of the Wizard. You can obtain more information about the process by clicking the Help button (in the Wizard importing process window).

You should be able to import the csv file into the crossTerm manager.

Regards,

Oscar
Collapse

Thomas Seligmann
Thomas Seligmann  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
français vers anglais
+ ...
AUTEUR DU FIL
Thank you Sep 30, 2011

Thank you Oscar, it's finally all sorted now!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do you put a glossary onto an Across project

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »