Thread poster: Kerstin Wahlby
Kerstin Wahlby
Kerstin Wahlby  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 03:33
German to Swedish
+ ...
Jun 29, 2011

I have got a link to download Across for an assignment.
When I try to download the .exe files I get the message." Arial Unicode MS" font is not installed on your computer. " If you have a legal MS Office license please press " Yes" and you will continue and install the font, if you do not please press " No".

I am not at home and have not got the CD to Microsoft with me.
It sais I shall put in the CD or find the file Arialuni.TFF on my hard drive. Or find the file on a ne
... See more
I have got a link to download Across for an assignment.
When I try to download the .exe files I get the message." Arial Unicode MS" font is not installed on your computer. " If you have a legal MS Office license please press " Yes" and you will continue and install the font, if you do not please press " No".

I am not at home and have not got the CD to Microsoft with me.
It sais I shall put in the CD or find the file Arialuni.TFF on my hard drive. Or find the file on a networkpath. I can not do anything of the 3 suggested solutions.

If I I press No the installation shuts down.

Do anyone know how I shall solve this problem.
Collapse

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Search the web Jun 29, 2011

Hello Kerstin,
simply google for "Arialuni.TFF". It will give you a number of links where you can download the font.

Kerstin Wahlby
Kerstin Wahlby  Identity Verified
Sweden
German to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
safe sites? Jun 29, 2011

Thank you Stanislav for the prompt answer.

I have looked at different sites on the net and found many (as you wrote).
But I am not so fond of downloading from sites that I do not know anything about.

Can you trust these sites.? I, as the most of us, must be able to relay on my computer every day.

I found a site from Microsoft with an explanation how to fix it by go to the Control panel, Change Microsoft Office program and choose support for internatio
... See more
Thank you Stanislav for the prompt answer.

I have looked at different sites on the net and found many (as you wrote).
But I am not so fond of downloading from sites that I do not know anything about.

Can you trust these sites.? I, as the most of us, must be able to relay on my computer every day.

I found a site from Microsoft with an explanation how to fix it by go to the Control panel, Change Microsoft Office program and choose support for international, universal font .........
But I could not fix that.
It was some time ago that I had to deal with these problems.

Kerstin
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Across support

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »