How can I generate a report for an issue-free QA check by Xbench 2.9?
Thread poster: Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 14

I run a QA on a .sdlxliff file in Xbench 2.9 now and no errors were found. But I need to enclose a QA check report from Xbench with my delivery, even if no issues were found. How can I do that?

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Local time: 20:09
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
If your client needs a report and... Apr 14

Fredrik Pettersson wrote:

I run a QA on a .sdlxliff file in Xbench 2.9 now and no errors were found. But I need to enclose a QA check report from Xbench with my delivery, even if no issues were found. How can I do that?

... when Xbench sends a "No errors found” message, you can make a screenshot of such message, save it and send it along with your translated project.
Even so, I think it's possible to save a report even if the software doesn't find any errors in a translated file.
You can also save a verification report using Trados.

[Edited at 2024-04-14 11:10 GMT]

[Edited at 2024-04-14 11:11 GMT]

Stepan Konev

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:09
English to Russian
A second method to save the report: press Ctrl+Q Apr 14

Also you can right click anywhere among the report fields and select 'Export QA Results...'

expressisverbis

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Stepan Apr 14

Stepan Konev wrote:

Also you can right click anywhere among the report fields and select 'Export QA Results...'

Thanks for your answers, which are always so helpful!
I just didn't mention that workaround because I thought the asker knows how to do it.
When are these people going to start paying you for your advice?

Dan Lucas
Sebastian Witte

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 22:09
English to Russian
Feedback Apr 14

expressisverbis wrote:
I just didn't mention that...
Sorry for mentioning obvious things.

When are these people going...
Thank you for your positive feedback. I also receive it from time to time by other channels. Including from Fredrik. By the way he shared a free dictionary resource that I could hardly ever find by myself. I don't work with Swedish but still the intention itself to "pay back" is touching. In my turn, I shared the link forward with my colleagues who might be interested in it. Just a peer-to-peer network. No big feat.

expressisverbis
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

expressisverbis
expressisverbis
Portugal
Member (2015)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Gratitude is meant to be shared Apr 14

Stepan Konev wrote:

When are these people going...
Thank you for your positive feedback. I also receive it from time to time by other channels. Including from Fredrik. By the way he shared a free dictionary resource that I could hardly ever find by myself. I don't work with Swedish but still the intention itself to "pay back" is touching. In my turn, I shared the link forward with my colleagues who might be interested in it. Just a peer-to-peer network. No big feat.

Good to know. Stepan. I'm glad there are colleagues who share useful things and don't keep them to themselves.
Unfortunately, there are many here who don't remember to praise the work and valuable help of colleagues like you. Sometimes not even a thank you, which costs nothing!
When we do feel grateful, that feeling is meant to be shared.
So, thank you and thank you everyone for helping this community

Stepan Konev
Christel Zipfel
Hung Mai
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida

Fredrik Pettersson
Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 21:09
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Stepan, this was just what I was after Apr 15

So I just right-click in the report field and select Export QA Results. Will try that next time. Thanks Stepan.

I delivered the test translation yesterday, but they didn't require me to enclose any QA results report this time as it was a test only.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Laureana Pavon[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I generate a report for an issue-free QA check by Xbench 2.9?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »