Segmentation in Nirwana
Initiator des Themas: Darlene Waldschmidt-Sematat
Darlene Waldschmidt-Sematat
Darlene Waldschmidt-Sematat
Local time: 06:49
Englisch > Deutsch
Dec 16, 2005

Has anyone else out there had the following problem with Wordfast?
While making corrections in a "dirty" version, all of a sudden the delimiters disappear in the text below the spot where I am right up to the end. The source and target segments are still there. But if I try to "fix" things, WF opens the entire segment pair as a source segment. I have no idea what triggers this and how to reverse it. (Reversing the last action does not work.) This has happened repeatedly in various differen
... See more
While making corrections in a "dirty" version, all of a sudden the delimiters disappear in the text below the spot where I am right up to the end. The source and target segments are still there. But if I try to "fix" things, WF opens the entire segment pair as a source segment. I have no idea what triggers this and how to reverse it. (Reversing the last action does not work.) This has happened repeatedly in various different types of texts.
Collapse

Wouter van Kampen
Wouter van Kampen
Thailand
Local time: 11:49
Dänisch > Niederländisch
+ ...
you (accidently) deleted a delimiter Dec 17, 2005

Yes I ran into the same awkward situation when I tried to glue two source/segment pairs together. Wf had segmented on "bzw." and I tried to correct this by fiddling with the delimeters. This turned out to be of no avail and left me with this funny situation.
It happened also on another occasion when I used the combination Alt+backspace (not sure if this was the cause).

I suggest joining a dedicated discussion group.
... See more
Yes I ran into the same awkward situation when I tried to glue two source/segment pairs together. Wf had segmented on "bzw." and I tried to correct this by fiddling with the delimeters. This turned out to be of no avail and left me with this funny situation.
It happened also on another occasion when I used the combination Alt+backspace (not sure if this was the cause).

I suggest joining a dedicated discussion group.

You will find them here:

http://rhodes.globat.com/~wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=community&lang=engb

Darlene Waldschmidt-Sematat wrote:

While making corrections in a "dirty" version, all of a sudden the delimiters disappear in the text below the spot where I am right up to the end. The source and target segments are still there. But if I try to "fix" things, WF opens the entire segment pair as a source segment. I have no idea what triggers this and how to reverse it. (Reversing the last action does not work.) This has happened repeatedly in various different types of texts.

Collapse

Sabine Knorr
Sabine Knorr
Deutschland
Spanisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Segmentation Dec 18, 2005

Oh yes, the same thing happened to me just a few days ago, shortly before delivery deadline, and I spent half a day fixing the text manually, missing the deadline.
If anybody knows why and how this might have happened... I'd appreciate any help to avoid another surprise in the future. I am using Wf vers. 5.16
Thanks
Sabine

Christel Zipfel
Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Mitglied (2004)
Italienisch > Deutsch
+ ...
Same thing here... Dec 20, 2005

... even twice in the last 10 days!

I eventually solved the situation redoing the whole translations with the existing TM. I wasn't able to find out the reason of this strange behaviour.

It's extremely annoying indeed(

I am using Wf 5.0.

David Daduč
David Daduč
Tschechische Republik
Englisch > Tschechisch
Your Word versions? Dec 20, 2005

I have never seen this puzzling problem and I cannot see what could be causing this. But with all these reports, it's surely real.

Perhaps it has something to do with:
- your system (Mac or Windows);
- the Word version you're using;
- another program or template you are using within MS Word; or
- less frequently used Wordfast settings (or combination of settings).

We would be grateful if those who were affected by this issue can send us informati
... See more
I have never seen this puzzling problem and I cannot see what could be causing this. But with all these reports, it's surely real.

Perhaps it has something to do with:
- your system (Mac or Windows);
- the Word version you're using;
- another program or template you are using within MS Word; or
- less frequently used Wordfast settings (or combination of settings).

We would be grateful if those who were affected by this issue can send us information about this through the Wordfast contact form at http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=feedback&lang=engb

Please let us know what system you're running and what Word version (and if it's a localized release, say German or Japanese).

If you are running another Word-based program or template together with Wordfast, it may help us if you note this, too. If you're using some special settings in Wordfast (especally Pandora's box), let us know. Finally, if possible please mention which Wordfast version you were using when the problem occurred.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation in Nirwana

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »