Training
Autor de la hebra: zigzum
zigzum
zigzum
República Checa
Local time: 21:56
Aug 29, 2012

Dear colleagues,

as I have been out of the industry as full-time translator for few months (i still do some small projects) I want to use the down time, so I am looking to get trained on the big three - Trados, Across and memoQ.Further down the road I want to learn Wordfast. I am looking for online training by actual person, as I am not good at self-teaching. I've seen the SDL training here, but I am rather interested in the complete picture, not in different modules - all at once s
... See more
Dear colleagues,

as I have been out of the industry as full-time translator for few months (i still do some small projects) I want to use the down time, so I am looking to get trained on the big three - Trados, Across and memoQ.Further down the road I want to learn Wordfast. I am looking for online training by actual person, as I am not good at self-teaching. I've seen the SDL training here, but I am rather interested in the complete picture, not in different modules - all at once so to speak. I am also aware of the Across training manuals, but I haven't gotten anywhere with those.

I will much appreciate either suggestions where I can get trained - I count on the training not being free - or perhaps if some of you would train me, either for a fee, or I can do some translation for you as a payback. My language combinations are to: bulgarian, czech, english and from: bulgarian,czech, english, macedonian,slovak.

Thank so much.

Serious answers only please.
Collapse

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turquía
Local time: 22:56
Miembro 2007
turco al inglés
+ ...
Guru Aug 29, 2012

Are you aware of the website called Guru? It is an online marketplace for freelance talent. I have been able to find some translation work through Guru myself. I am not sure if they have trainers there but they might. It is worth checking out.

http://www.guru.com/about/

Good luck!

zigzum
zigzum
República Checa
Local time: 21:56
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Guru Aug 29, 2012

ATIL KAYHAN wrote:

Are you aware of the website called Guru? It is an online marketplace for freelance talent. I have been able to find some translation work through Guru myself. I am not sure if they have trainers there but they might. It is worth checking out.

http://www.guru.com/about/

Good luck!

Yes,

I am aware indeed, and I did have, maybe still do, profile there, but the SafePay payment is not something I feel good about so I opted not to use it. But as you have been using it, can you tell me how safe it is (compared to PayPal and MoneyBookers)?

Thanks

P.S: I could not see any training there

ATIL KAYHAN
ATIL KAYHAN  Identity Verified
Turquía
Local time: 22:56
Miembro 2007
turco al inglés
+ ...
Guru and SafePay Aug 30, 2012

Thank you for your message. It has been quite a while since I used Guru and SafePay. Therefore, I unfortunately do not remember any specifics about either. I do not remember encountering any problems though. Everything was smooth to my knowledge. Of course, PayPal is much more popular and common than SafePay. Sorry I could not be of much help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderador(es) de este foro
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Training

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »