Catharine Middleton
Catharine Middleton
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:06
French to English
+ ...
Dec 16, 2019

Hi all,

I am translating a contract about helicopters and repairing/replacing parts. Please see the part from the source text I am working on below:

'Los requisitos y criterios expuestos en este apartado serán aplicables a repuestos, conjuntos, equipos de apoyo en tierra (AGE), herramientas, utillaje y en general a todos aquellos artículos necesarios para garantizar el apoyo logístico de la Flota XXX.'

I'm really stuck on what 'conjunto' means here. This
... See more
Hi all,

I am translating a contract about helicopters and repairing/replacing parts. Please see the part from the source text I am working on below:

'Los requisitos y criterios expuestos en este apartado serán aplicables a repuestos, conjuntos, equipos de apoyo en tierra (AGE), herramientas, utillaje y en general a todos aquellos artículos necesarios para garantizar el apoyo logístico de la Flota XXX.'

I'm really stuck on what 'conjunto' means here. This is what I have so far:

'The requirements and criteria displayed in this section will be applicable to spare parts, ... , ground support equipment, tools and in general all the necessary items to guarantee logistical support from Fleet XXX.'

The main translations I have found are: combination, group, ensemble, unit, set among others.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Catharine
Collapse

Giuliana Maltempo
Giuliana Maltempo
Argentina
Local time: 06:06
Member (2023)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ask KudoZ Dec 16, 2019

Hi Catharine,

I believe "sets" or "compounds" may fit in that context.

Still, you will get better answers aboit vocabulary if you ask in KudoZ.

Regards

Rossana Triaca
Rossana Triaca  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 06:06
English to Spanish
Kudoz Dec 17, 2019

There's a specific section on the website for terminology questions: https://www.proz.com/ask

That being said, I'd use "assemblies" (I know there's a lot of hose assemblies involved in aerial units' maintenance, and I bet there's other pre-assembled kits and sets too in general).

Jessica Noyes
Jorge Payan
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Yolanda Broad
MollyRose

Catharine Middleton
Catharine Middleton
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2019

Hi Rossana,

Thank you for letting me know about the other section for terminology, that's really helpful.

Thank you also for your thoughts on the term - I like it!

Gracias y saludos,

Catharine

Catharine Middleton
Catharine Middleton
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 17, 2019

Thanks Giuliana!

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 10:06
Spanish to English
+ ...
4 pies al gato Dec 18, 2019

It appears that my response to the kudoz query was insufficient for your needs. However, whether you call it an assembly/kit/set, it is what it is. Unless there is a more specific term in the source text, that is all we have to work with.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Vocab help needed: conjunto - from a technical text about helicopters

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »