Thread poster: Bram Poldervaart
Bram Poldervaart
Bram Poldervaart  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:00
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 30, 2020

I made a TM through alignment, but even though the TM has incorporated all the translated strings, it does not show in the Translation Result Window. Any idea what the problenm could be. I use studio 2017.

Daniel Williams
Daniel Williams  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:00
Member (2018)
German to English
+ ...
Have you tried reducing the percentage match threshold? Mar 30, 2020

I am not sure what is going on here but the first thing I would try would be to reduce the threshold at which Trados will show matches. By default you have to have a 70% match before anything will come up. Reducing it to, say, 50% sometimes brings up more hits.

Bram Poldervaart
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reducing the threshold Mar 30, 2020

That is not the problem. The Translation Result Window shows 70 percent matches from other TMs. It is just the TM I made through aligning texts that does not show. I have done it many times before and it always worked.

[Edited at 2020-03-30 21:19 GMT]

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
SITE LOCALIZER
Try Mar 30, 2020

removing this TM from the project, then close the project, re-open it and add the TM once again.

Bram Poldervaart
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
removing the TM Mar 30, 2020

Great that worked indeed. Thanks a lot

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Result Window

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »