Thread poster: Avi Levi
Avi Levi
Avi Levi
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:29
English to Hebrew
Jun 22, 2019

Hi,

in the last few weeks, since I installed and removed Studio Trados 2019, double clicking on projects or packages or single files in Studio 2017 does not open them. I am forced to first open the software and only then I can open the project, package or single file from within.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Edward Bradburn

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Maybe... Jun 23, 2019

the package file extension has been changed and associated to Studio 2019 program when you installed it and now that you have uninstalled it, you need to associate it to Studio 2017 again, otherwise they won't open...

NeoAtlas
NeoAtlas
Spain
Local time: 07:29
English to Spanish
+ ...
Repair Trados Studio in Control Panel Jun 25, 2019

Go to Control Panel, search for the Trados Studio item, right-click on it and select Repair.

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Repairing didn't work for me Feb 20, 2020

Just hijacking this thread to say that repairing did not work for me.

Using Studio 2019 SR2 and ever since upgrading from Studio 2015, I have never been able to click to open packages (or translation memories).

I might uninstall and reinstall to see if I can fix this, since it wastes a lot of time.

Avi Levi
Avi Levi
United Kingdom
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstalling didn't work for me but Feb 20, 2020

nevertheless it's worth trying.

Luckily I replaced my PC not long after I faced the problem so now everything works fine...:-)

Edward Bradburn
Edward Bradburn
Germany
German to English
+ ...
May be to do with memoQ? Feb 20, 2020

An update, since I found another post on another forum.

I have managed to fix this.

I followed the advice on this post:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/15284/double-clicking-on-return-packages-doesn-t-work

This post wa
... See more
An update, since I found another post on another forum.

I have managed to fix this.

I followed the advice on this post:

https://community.sdl.com/product-groups/translationproductivity/f/studio/15284/double-clicking-on-return-packages-doesn-t-work

This post was about return packages but the concept is the same, essentially. Double-clicking just opens Trados but nothing then "happens", i.e. the package import window is not shown.

What I did to fix my copy:

- Open regedit
- !! Make a BACKUP of the Registry !!
- Use F3 to search for the text "sdlrpx" (return packages) and "sdlppx" (project packages) in all Registry keys
- Delete all of these keys (you can ignore the "Recently used" list of keys, since these are not important here, these are just the packages you last used)
- THEN use "Repair" as described above to repair the Trados install

My copy of Trados 2019 (SR2) now works, and the icons are also as they should be for project (return) packages.

I suspect memoQ "steals" some file associations since I found memoQ in one Registry key.

Cheers,

Ed
Collapse

LeoM1905

Arturo Mannino
Arturo Mannino  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
Solved Mar 19, 2020

Thank you Edward, it worked exactly as described for me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Double click does not open files or packages in Studio 2017

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »