ALT shortcuts faulty in SDL Trados Studio 2014
Thread poster: dstranslations
dstranslations
dstranslations
Local time: 15:33
German to English
+ ...
Aug 22, 2017

Dear all, I've recently had a problem using the ALT shortcuts in Studio 2014: When I try ALT + 0147 it simply overwrites my English translation of a segment with the German source rather than inserting curly speech marks as it should. When I try the same shortcut in Word 2010 without Studio, I get the error message "SDL Translator's Workbench is not running". (I still have SDL Trados 2007 including Workbench installed on my PC although I haven't used Workbench for years, but I've never had any c... See more
Dear all, I've recently had a problem using the ALT shortcuts in Studio 2014: When I try ALT + 0147 it simply overwrites my English translation of a segment with the German source rather than inserting curly speech marks as it should. When I try the same shortcut in Word 2010 without Studio, I get the error message "SDL Translator's Workbench is not running". (I still have SDL Trados 2007 including Workbench installed on my PC although I haven't used Workbench for years, but I've never had any compatibility issues in the past). My operating system is Windows 7. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2010 yesterday but I still have the same problem. Any idea what it might be or if it's possible to reset the shortcuts/Studio settings to default? Apart from this Studio works fine. Many thanks in advance for any suggestions.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ALT shortcuts faulty in SDL Trados Studio 2014

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »